Upper Midwest Alpacas Fall Fiber Festival, Hopkins, MN

  • aspendancealpacas
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2011
      Where will you find alpaca, wool, angora, mohair and silk; fiber, yarn, clothing and gifts, just in time for holiday shopping?

      Try the Upper Midwest Alpacas 2011 Fall Fiber Festival Saturday, November 5, from 9 to 4 at the Eisenhower Community Center, 1001 Highway 7 in Hopkins.

      This is a great opportunity to buy locally produced fiber treats directly from producers in Minnesota and surrounding states. Many of these yarns and fibers are not carried by our local yarn stores, so this is one of the few chances to see, touch, and buy them.

      In addition to all the great fiber, there will be clinics, demos, and classes on knitting, crocheting, spinning, weaving, and felting. If you already spin, you can join the spinning circle.

      One of the great things about living in Minnesota is that our locally produced fiber is gorgeous, high quality stuff. If you're thinking of making a one-of-a-kind gift for someone here in Minnesota or far away, why not start with yarn and fibers available nowhere else?

      Come on out to the Fiber Festival! Bring your knitting!

      For more information visit: http://www.uppermidwestalpacas.com/FiberFest.aspx

      On behalf of UMA,
      Victoria Strauser
      Mayer, MN