mohair

  • Charles McDermott
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 1, 2000
      Hi All,
      Just wanted to say, I bought 3 lb. of kid mohair from Karen who
      advertised it on this list. It cleaned and carded up beautifully. So
      soft, with minimal vm. I'm very satisfied. Thanks Karen. I think she
      still has some if anyone's interested. She can be reached at
      choyannie@....

      Debbie
      Stonehedge Fiber Mill
      http://www.stonehedgefibermill.com
    • choyannie@aol.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 11, 2001
        still got some mohair for sale $6.00 for adult and $9.00 for kid
      • choyannie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 14, 2001
          have raw mohair for sale
        • choyanne
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 19, 2002
            have got 3 50 pound bags of mohair for sale, $5.00 a pound
          • choyanne
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 3, 2002
              have got only 3 bags of adult mohair left to get rid of. bags are
              about 60-80 pounds please make offer.
            • choyanne
              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 12, 2002
                got 150 pounds of adult mohair left. make offer.
              • choyanne
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 1, 2002
                  am selling off the last bag of mohair due to moving, it is adult
                  with some kid with it, not sure of quality of mohair, will take
                  resonable offer for it, buyer pays shipping.
                • mamorel1
                  Message 8 of 23 , May 5 2:47 PM
                    Hi all,
                    Trying to pare down.........found an 8 oz. bag of what's
                    labeled "Mohair Clouds" from La Plata Farms. I purchased this dyed
                    fiber (lovely, subtle shades of greens, wisteria blue/purple,
                    bronzes, etc) at Estes Park Wool Market a few years ago. It needs
                    combing or flicking, and there is some VM, but overall it's lovely
                    stuff. I'm asking $11.00, and I'll pay the shipping.

                    Cheers,
                    Mary
                  • mamorel1
                    Message 9 of 23 , May 5 7:02 PM
                      .....the mohair has been sold......
                    • irene3to4
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 10, 2003
                        I have raw mohair, llama, alpaca and i do believe i still have a
                        dorset/jacob cross fleece stil for sale---$7.00 per lb. --buyer pays
                        shipping. If interested please contact me--Irina
                      • Carol Ronan
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jan 8, 2004
                          We've just finished shearing our Registered white and colored Angora
                          goats this last week-end and have lots of raw fleeces for sale. I
                          have staple length of 4-8 inches, white, red, black, grey and tri-
                          colored cashgora. Varieties from 2nd clip kid to adult buck. Adult
                          is perfect for rugs, lead ropes, etc. White kid is already going
                          fast. Please see my website below for details.
                          Next month I will shear my Shetland sheep and will have some
                          wonderful first and 2nd & 3rd clip fleeces available in morrit
                          (brownish red) grey, white, fawn and dark black. Hope to have new
                          pictures posted soon but website does show sheep from summer. These
                          fleeces are all very clean but uncoated.
                          You can select from the animal pictures for a color you like or
                          contact me for information on any animal pictured.
                          Thanks!

                          Carol Ronan
                          Ronan Country Fibers
                          Grants Pass, OR
                          www.ronanfibers.com
                        • jenny_winford
                          Message 12 of 23 , Mar 24, 2004
                            Freshly sheared mohair for sale as follows:

                            Adult

                            Jesse/white $.90/oz
                            Daisy/faded red (lightly colored) $1.00/oz

                            Kid

                            Mady/black $2.00/oz
                            Lucy/white $1.25/oz
                            Avvey/faded red (very dark) $1.75/oz
                            Minnie/faded red $1.75/oz

                            All fiber comes washed
                          • Jenny Winford
                            Message 13 of 23 , Mar 31, 2005
                              Well I finally got all my goats sheared!!!! yeah!!!! Now that the fleeces are washed and ready to go, this is what I have:

                              1. white kid: 1lb 10 oz. very good shine and curl. Very clean. $1.75/oz. Whole fleece:$40
                              2. apricot kid: 1lb 10 oz. unbelievably fine, outstanding curl. $1.90/oz. Whole fleece: $45
                              3. blonde kid: 2lb. great shine and curl. Will need picking $1.50.oz. Whole fleece: $45
                              4. light brown yearling: 2lb 4oz. very clean $1.20/oz. Whole fleece $40
                              5. black/silver yearling: 3lb 8oz. $1.35/oz. Whole fleece $71
                              6. silver/red yearling: 3lb soft as silk $1.75/oz. Whole fleece $65
                              7. black yearling: 2lb $1.20/oz. Whole fleece $40
                              8. white yearling: 3lb $1.25.oz Whole fleece $55
                              9. white yearling: 3lb great curl $1.35/oz. Whole fleece $60
                              10.white kid: 2lb needs picking $1.25.oz. Whole fleece $37
                              11. dark silver yearling: 2lb one of my best fleece. $1.30.oz Whole fleece $38
                              12. cream adult: 3lb 8oz. very fine and soft. needs picking $1.10.oz Whole fleece $57
                              13. white adult: 5lb 8oz. great fleece $1.10/oz whole fleece $90
                              14. black/silver kid: 1lb $1.75/oz or $25/lb
                              15. light red yearling: 1lb. $1.20/oz or $15/lb
                              16. silver kid: 1lb $1.95/oz or $27/lb
                              17. dark silver kid: 8oz $2.00/oz.
                              18. white yearling: 12 oz. 1.25/oz.

                              All my fiber has been washed. I pick as I go, so there is minimal VM. (except in the ones noted)

                              Email me at grandviewgoats@...

                            • Jenny Winford
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 10, 2005
                                I have the following washed mohair for sale.
                                2 1/2 lbs white yearling: $1.00/oz whole fleece $37.00
                                1 3/4 lbs white yearling: $1.00/oz whole fleece $25.00
                                3 1/2 lbs black/silver/white yearling: $1.10/oz whole fleece $58.00
                                5lbs white adult: $1.00/oz whole fleece $70.00
                                2 3/4 white adult $.75/oz whole fleece $27.00
                                3 1/4 white adult $.90/oz whole fleece $42.00

                                email:grandviewgoats@...

                              • Robertsconsultan@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 23 , Sep 14, 2006
                                  Hi all,

                                  I am offering two lbs. of white mohair locks (raw) from a young nanny at $20
                                  plus shipping. Fiber is fairly soft, and has an excellent shine when you
                                  wash it. Makes a lustrous fuzzy yarn, or just add a little bit to your wool to
                                  get a halo effect. Dyes really well too. Send me your zip and I will
                                  calculate lowest postage. Most forms of payment accepted including paypal.

                                  Jeanette

                                • Melissa Nelson
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Dec 1, 2006
                                    I am looking for mohair 2 and 8 ply. I use it to make cinches. If anyone has some available please let me know.
                                    Thanks,
                                    Melissa
                                    mnelson@...

                                  • Jenny Winford
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Apr 9, 2008
                                      I have my new shear on my website (grandviewgoats.com). I am trying something new this year. In order to lower prices to the customer I haven't washed any fleeces. All fleeces are straight of the goat. I will wash a fleece upon request.
                                      Take a look at the fleeces at grandviewgoats.com.

                                      Email any questions to grandviewgoats@....

                                      Thanks
                                      Jen