Re: [Fenton-area-paddlers] kayak class

  • strawberry2274@...
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
      Thank you for the info. Have a blessed Easter.
      Carol

      On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Aaron Vandyke wrote:

         I am 6-3, around 230, was a little bigger.    I have a old town vapor 10, and it is the prefect size.  It had a very open cockpit and rated to 300 pounds. It is still short enough to transport easily, which is why i avoided a 12 footer.    I would highly recommend it.

      strawberry2274@... wrote:

       Hi Hope all is well with you. Are you looking forward to kayaking as much as the nice weather coming soon?
      I am looking on behalf of a friend to buy a kayak.  He is 6'4" and 240#. He is interested in a pelican or similiar type for flat water? How long or what length kayak would you suggest? Thanks for any info you might have.
      Looking forward to more fun with the group.
      Carol
      On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Maggie Yerman wrote:

          If  you are interested in doing some training in a pool EMU is having an  open house on April 21st. Kayak Coral is hosting this event. Check it  out on Facebook:

    • strawberry2274@...
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
        Thank you for the info. Have a blessed Easter.
        Carol

        On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 6:45 AM, J Chiap wrote:

           I dont mean to interject...but Pelicans are usually pretty small...really only for kids...if you want versatility I would not go any less than a 12.5 foot, and follow the kayak reviews.  Kayak Corrall in Saline has excellent prices and many used ones...i bought my used Dagger Halifax 17.5 there for half the price of new...

        good luck