Au Sable River Overnight II - April 19-21

  • rich_dog_one
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 3:00 PM

      From the Lansing Oar and Paddle Club:

      We will continue down the Au Sable River starting from where we left off in February at Parmalee Bridge to Federal Road 4001 Bridge. We will meet Friday night at Parmalee State Forest Campground north of Luzerne, which is between Grayling and Mio. There are only five vehicle sites but there are more campsites down by the river if we have a large group. Saturday morning we will run shuttle at 8:30 am to FR 4001 and launch by 10:00 am from Parmalee. We will camp overnight at River Dune National Forest Canoe Campground so all gear must be taken down river. We will have to portage the dam at Mio Pond before camp on Saturday night. Sunday we will continue on down river with the option to have lunch at the Riverview Inn in McKinley before finishing the trip at FR 4001.

      As always, wearing an approved Life Jacket while on the water, and either being a paid Club member or signing a non-member waiver form, are required to participate.  All participants must provide their own equipment and have the skill level necessary for this activity.

      If there are any questions regarding this trip please feel free to contact me!

      Jay Hanks

      always wear your Life Jacket when paddling