Updated August Schedule

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6 7:59 AM

      August 2008 Calendar Fenton Area Paddlers

      Thursday 7th  6:00 Fenton Mill Pond at Strom Park. Word has it that the weeds were removed last week so paddling should be good. We’ll go up river and back. For more info call Christine 248-328-9184

      Wednesday 13th Mott Lake 6:00 Take Belsay north to Stanley, look for DNR sign for free fishing site (it is near the DNR office) Christine 248-328-9184

      Sunday 17th 1:00 & 6:00 Bruin Lake Campground at Pinckney Recreation Area. Camp site reserved for picnic and “Full Moon” kayaking after dinner. Bring bikes, chair, dish…

      We’re paddling Bruin and the 3 or 4 connecting lakes In the Pinckney Recreation Area. We have a "base camp" at the Pinckney Rec campgrounds. People can come and go for the day using the site to get munchies, use the restroom or just relax. We plan to kayak on into the evening under the light of a mostly full moon (Full moon will be Saturday). Only two tents per campsite but others can make reservations for themselves on line at www.michigan.gov/dnr

      People can launch at the campground by parking in the overflow area or launch at the park and paddle to find us. Bring your own nutritional and fluid requirements.

      Some plan to start kayaking at 1:00 but the campsite will not be set up until after 3:00. This is a come and go when you can. Someone will most likely be at the campsite throughout the day. Please RSVP to this one so we can let the park rangers know. Maggie 810-735-9570 or yerantmag@....

      Thursday 21st  6:00 Linden Mill Pond to Lake Ponemah Christine 248-328-9184

      Thursday 21st Summit Sports free kayak demo Island Lake Recreation Area Kent Lake beach 4 – 8

       Friday – Sunday 21st – 23rd Primative camping/kayaking trip on the Manistee River near Smithville, MI Drive up Friday after work or early Saturday morning. You must be able to carry all of your clothes, food and camping gear on/in your kayak or canoe. Mid-morning Saturday we'll load the kayaks, launch, do a float down the river and set up a primitive camp around 5 p.m. Sunday we’ll cook breakfast, break camp and continue our paddle. Contact Barb at  810-458-4242, or Jim at 810-49-7311 for details.

      Saturday 23rd Holly Waterworks Park to Fenton Strom Park 1:00 Maggie 810-735-9570. (this is a change from previous schedule)

      Thursday 28th  Wildwood Lake @ Holly Recreation Area 6:00 Maggie 810-735-9570

      Sunday 31st  Hudson Mills Metropark, lunch at Dexter-Huron Metropark (nice picnic park, bathrooms, etc.), and take out at Delhi Metropark. This would be a 3 – 4 hour trip, and since it is further south on Labor Day weekend we need to know from you the best start time- 10am? 11am? Later? Earlier? RSVP to Linda- lrussell4a@...

      Additional kayaking trips will be scheduled on a per-interest basis. I would like to kayak from Fenton Bush Park to Lake Ponemah when I know the trees have been cleared. Look for email notices. I would also like to explore different sections of the Flint and Huron Rivers. If you are interested or want to plan your own outing, send an email message to fenton-area-paddlers@yahoogroups.com or send to Bill Cardew mrbillc@..., or yerantmag@... or call Maggie 810-735-9570

      ,