Fall kayak classes at East Lansing High School Pool

  • WITEWTR58@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2012

      From: toddleigh@...
      Sent: 11/6/2012 7:04:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
      Subj: [LOAPC] Fall kayak classes at East Lansing High School Pool

      All,

      Below find information about fall kayak pool classes.  Please share this information with anyone who might be interested.  Note that free open pool time for all paddlers is 8:00-9:00 pm on any class date!  Hope to see you there.

      LAINST Kayaking Classes

      Fall 2012 at the East Lansing High School pool

      All equipment is provided.  Students should be comfortable in the water and bring a towel and swimsuit.  A synthetic top for warmth and water shoes are recommended.  Each class starts with one hour “dry” classroom subjects, followed by one hour on-the-water instruction and one hour free practice time.  Classes are taught by American Canoe Association trained and certified instructors.

      Kayaking I: Paddle Safe, Paddle Right

      This three-session course will introduce you to kayaking in a fun, safe, and warm environment and help you develop basic skills and safety awareness.  You will learn about boats and appropriate gear, and how to maneuver your boat with basic strokes.  Also good for paddlers with some experience but no formal instruction who want to improve their skills.  Wed. Nov. 14, 28 & Dec. 5. 6:00-9:00 pm.  $75.

      Kayaking II:  Tipping, Staying Upright, & Rolling

      This two evening course is for students with some previous kayaking instruction or experience who want to work on rescues and recovery skills - balance, edging, and braces - and to progress to the kayak roll.  Wed. Dec. 12, 19.  6:00 – 9:00 pm. $50.

      Pre-registration required:

      Email lainstkayaking@... or call 517-333-9716

      Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 | support@...