Re: [Fenton-area-paddlers] Wednesday kayak anyone?

  • maurined@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 16, 2012

      Maggie, I'm confused.

      We drove to Deerfield Park, we've been there before with the dogs, but that looks like a long way to carry our kayaks.

      So we drove down Abby Lane and couldn't find any place to put in. ???

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 18, 2012
        It is between an eighth or tenth of a mile. Going down to launch was not bad but hauling it back up the hill wasn't so easy even with wheels. Maybe it was because we paddled over 4 hours and had a hard time remembering where to turn to get back into Howe Lake.

[...]

      • Brian
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 18, 2012

          It looks like you had better than expected weather.........yeah, the trip back to the car is  little tough. When I left Howe Lake I got my bearings with the pontoon just to the north of the cut.

          I want to thank you for the info about this place..............should make Crane photography a whole lot easier in the next few weeks. Our friends and us will be out their hiking soon!