Fw: Upcoming Events at Riverside Kayak Connection

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2012

      RKC Logo No Box
      Riverside Kayak Connection Upcoming Events!

      RKC Shop Hours
      Monday 10:00-5:00
      Tuesday 10:00-5:00
      Wednesday 10:00-5:00
      Thursday 10:00-7:00
      Friday 10:00-5:00
      Saturday 10:00-4:00
      Sunday 11:00-4:00

      Can't make it during normal business hours? Call 734-285-2925 to schedule
      an appointment!
      Friends of RKC
      Friends of the
      Detroit River

      Friends of the
      Rouge River

      Downriver YMCA

      Portofino Restaurant

      City of Wyandotte

      Follow RKC
      Like me on Facebook

      Follow me on Twitter

      Visit my blog
      Join Our List
      Join Our Mailing List

      June 2012
      Third Annual Port Austin Sea Kayak Symposium
       Join Riverside Kayak Connection for our 3rd annual Port Austin Sea Kayak Symposium (PASKS) in the village of Port Austin(Bird Creek Park), Michigan from June 15th through the18th. The theme this year is Kayak Trippin', so enjoy the flash back to the 70s!

      Registration Information:
      Please complete a registration form for each participant, or registration is available in person at RKC. , or by contacting RKC at (734) 285-2925. The Registration Fee is $250.00 for the Symposium.

      Optional Thursday Overnight Tripping Class with and actual overnight trip to Port Crescent State park is an additional cost of $30.00

      What's included:
      -Groovy Guided Kayak Tours
      -Far-out On-Water Classes
      -Outstanding On-Land Classes and Lectures
      -Cool-a-Roonie Kids Program
      -Peaceful Presentations
      -Blazin' Boat Demos and Vendor Exhibits
      -Smiley-Face Social
      -Good Vibe Get-Together Dinner
      -Mondo-Cool Morning Mist Paddle
      -Beachin' Bonfire

      Location:
      Port Austin's Bird Creek Park is located on Lake Huron, at Michigan's tip of the thumb and features two beaches ideal for class sessions and skill practice.

      *Kayaks and gear are not provided with your Symposium registration. We recommend touring style kayaks for classes and tours, but recreational kayaks are welcome too. If you don't have your own kayak, rental kayaks are available from Riverside Kayak Connection. Arrangements for rental kayaks must be made prior to June 13th. The cost for your rental is $125 for a plastic kayak and $200 for a fiberglass kayak.

      Call RKC with any further questions!

      Wednesday Night Paddle

      Come join us every Wednesday night from 6-8pm, weather permitting, for our Pine Street Paddles on the Detroit River! We launch from the Pine Street kayak launch in Wyandotte next to Portifinos.

      Cost is $35.00 to rent a kayak and gear, or free if you have your own kayak (double bulk head required)
      *Prior kayaking experience is preferred

      Call RKC at (734) 285-2925 to register.
      *24 hours in advance required

      Join your fellow paddlers for a special dinner and drink menu at Portifino Resturant after the paddle also!
      -Cobb Salad $8.00
      -Caersar Salad $7.00 with chicken $8.95
      -Blackened Beef Tip Salad $7.95
      -Small Mixed Green Salad $1.95

      -Your choice of cheese burger, spicy crispy chicken sandwich, perch sandwich, or a blackened salmon sandwich for $8.00

      -Draft $3.00 Domestic Draft
      -House wine $4.00 per glass
      Grosse Ile Yacht Club Thursday Paddle
       Join us for a guided kayak tour starting at 6pm at the Grosse Ile Yacht Club located on the south side of the island!

      Tour dates are as follows:

      June 7th and 21st
      July 5th and 19th
      August 2nd and 16th
      September 6th and 20th

      The kayak rental fees are $30 for members of the Grosse Ile Yacht Club and $40 for non-members
      You may use your own boat and gear for free if you are a member of the Grosse Ile Yacht Club, for non-members who have their own boat and gear the cost is $15

      Afterwards you are welcome to join us inside for a peaceful dinner from GIYC's gourmet menu.

      Call RKC at (734) 285-2925 to register!
      Flat Rock Splash Kayak Group
      Come paddle the lower Huron River with us on Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30pm from Flat Rock to Labo Park!

      Transportation will be provided by Flat Rock Recreaction; guests will park at Lebo Park in Berlin Township and the Flat Rock bus will commute paddlers to the Flat Rock kayak launch.

      The cost for this tour is $40 which includes a kayak and gear.

      *A participant limit is set at 15 for this tour

      Call RKC at (734) 285-2925 to register!
      Elizabeth Park Kayak Rentals
       Join us for our second year of kayak rentals at Wayne County's Elizabeth Park located in Trenton. Perfect for beginners and children over the age of 6!

      Catch a glimpse of ducks, blue heron, turtles and more wildlife as you glide under historic arched bridges.

      Weather permitting, through labor day we will be in the park every Thursday and Friday from 3-7pm and every Saturday and Sunday 11am-5pm.

      Rental fee:
      $10 per paddler, per 30 minutes

      Rules:
      Children 6-12 must be in a tandem kayak with a parent to participate
      Children 13-15 are allowed to paddle in a single kayak, but parent must also paddle in a single kayak
      All participants must wear a PFD at all times and a waiver must be signed!

      No sign up required, just show up with clothes and shoes you don't mind getting wet!

      *Call RKC to make arrangements for larger groups! RKC provides stable and maneuverable recreational style kayaks for rentals. We do offer a limited number of tandem kayaks available on a first come, first serve basis.
      Detroit Canal Tours
       Join us for a guided kayak tour on the Detroit River and through the historic eastside canals of Detroit! The tour launches from Maheras Gentry Park on Detroits eastside at 9:30am and ends promptly at 12:30pm.

      Cost:
      $40 with kayak rental
      $20 with your own kayak

      Dates:
      June 23rd, and 30th
      July 7th and 28th
      August 4th and 18th
      *Additional tours can be arranged with a minimum of 5 participants

      Call RKC at (734) 285-2925 24 hours in advance to sign up!
      Fun Start Kayaking Class
      Located at the Flat Rock Community Center, the Fun Start Kayaking Class is a perfect way to get your feet wet into the sport of kayaking!

      Join us June 3rd or August 12th from 6-9pm as we introduce the fun world of kayaking!

      Come learn basic skills including the wet exit, forward and reverse strokes, getting in and out of the kayak from shore, and an introduction of how to get back into the kayak from the water.

      Be prepared to get wet! Bring a swim suit, towel, change of clothes, and nose plugs in preferred.

      The cost is $75.00 and that includes a kayak and gear

      Call RKC at (734) 285-2925 to register
      Kayak Rolling Class
       Join us at the Downriver Family YMCA on June 10th from 6-9pm for a class on the fundamentals of rolling a capsized kayak!

      We focus on the development of the hip snap and learning the kayak roll. This class is designed for students with some previous instructions and kayaking experience.

      The cost is $80 and you must bring your own kayak, paddle, PFD, and paddle float.

      Call RKC at (734) 285-2925 to register!

      Full Day Beginner Course
       Join us July 14th from 9am-4pm at Sterling State Park for a full day of beginner to intermediate kayaking instruction.

      We will be going over paddling techniques, wet exits, re-entry, and basic kayaking safety.

      Cost:
      Rental and gear $150
      *Gear includes PFD, spray skirt, and paddle
      Own Boat and gear $125

      A minumum of 4 people are required, but there is no maximum. Also, be sure to pack a lunch!
      Trenton Mid-Summer Tour
       Join RKC during Trenton's Mid-Summer Festival for two hours of kayaking fun on the Detroit River!

      Leaving from Elizabeth Park, the tour will start at 3pm and the cost is as follows:
      -Renting boat and gear with RKC: $35
      -Own boat and gear: $20
      *Gear includes a paddle and PFD
      *Paddlers with their own boat must have a double bulk head

      To sign up, call RKC at (734) 285-2925! We are looking forward to hearing from you!
      Friends of the Detroit River Membership Drive
       Join RKC and the Friends of the Detroit RIver on July 28th for a paddling tour of the Detroit River!

      Leaving from Elizabeth Park in Trenton, there will be two tours at 10am and 1pm.

      Call RKC to sign up at (734) 285-2925!

      Happy Paddling,
      Your Friends at Riverside Kayak Connection

      This email was sent to yerantmag@... by info@... |
      Riverside Kayak Connection, LLC | 4016 Biddle Avenue | Wyandotte | MI | 48192