Fw: North Oakland Headwaters Land Conservancy

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2011

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Chuck Julian <chuck.julian@...>
      Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:57 PM
      Subject: North Oakland Headwaters Land Conservancy

      The North Oakland Headwaters Land Conservancy (NOHLC) works hand in hand with groups like Headwaters Trails and Keepers of the Shiawassee.  NOHLC is in the business of preserving land.  It has been doing so along the Shiawassee River and other rivers in SE Michigan with a focus on Oakland, Livingston and Genesee counties for 30 years.  This land preservation keeps the views scenic on the river as well as protects the water quality and water flow rates.  As much as we try to keep the river open with Headwaters Trails and Keepers of the Shiawassee, if the water quality goes down or the river becomes flashy, the experience is less wonderful.  If you then take away the scenic views of the river, you no longer have that up north feeling.  We will have lost something we cannot get back.  Please help NOHLC protect the rivers we love by attending their fundraiser, called Wild Night Out, this Saturday, October 22, 2011.  If you cannot attend, maybe you can still make a contribution.  It, like Headwaters Trails is a 501c3 not for profit corporation and contributions are tax deductible.  See more info about Wild Night out at http://www.nohlc.org/wild-night-out.html

      Chuck Julian