Fw: Sunday July 24 cleanup

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25 11:27 AM

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Chuck Julian <chuck.julian@...>
      Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 12:41 PM
      Subject: Sunday July 24 cleanup

      The cleanup of the Shiawassee River on Sunday July 24 went really well and we had a great time.  The river was in far worse shape than we anticipated.  We went from log jam to log jam all day.  Having started at Bird Road, we managed to get to Bruce Allen's house on the river, a distance around 1/2 way to Duffield Road on the river.  You can see photos of the people and the cleanup at the Keepers of the Shiawassee facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/groups/111552015554058?closeTheater=1.  Maggie fed us really well afterward at her house, where we relaxed and talked after a long day.  Many, many, thanks to all the people from Headwaters Trails and Keepers of the Shiawassee who participated plus new participants who found us on the web.  This project is not possible without all the volunteer help we receive.

      I am scheduling another cleanup for Sunday August 7, 2011 at 9am, planning to meet at Bird Road and the river again.  If the rest of the river is a bad as this section, we hope to make it to Duffield Road or beyond.  We do not have a place to meet yet afterward to eat and relax.  If you live near there and are willing to offer, please contact me.

      Chuck Julian
      248-335-8785 work
      248-634-3513 home
      248-388-1313 cell

    • Dennis Proulx
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25 11:49 AM

        Looks awesome Maggie.. I just had a back fusion about a month ago, so I wouldn't have been much help.. Doc says I can get back in the water now tho, so hope to get paddling again soon!  Den

[...]

        No virus found in this message.