Paddles this week

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1 11:12 AM

      Wednesday- have a relaxing after work paddle on Wildwood Lake at the Holly Recreation Area located on Grange Hall Rd east of Dixie Hwy. Meet at 6:00.

      Sunday- 2:00 meet in the parking lot behind Down the Hatch Pub in Linden. The paddle to McCaslin Lk Rd. is about 3 hours. We will need to spot vehicles so add another half-hour to the trip. For those who want- we can picnic at my house on Byram Lake after the paddle. Bring a dish and drinks or we can hit the deli at Alpine on the way home.

      Please RSVP if you will be attending the paddles and picnic. If you or a friend needs to borrow a kayak, let me know ASAP.

      Wednesday, July 16 is a free concert in the park across from my home on the lake. It's from 7 - 8:30, meet at my house to paddle across or to just listen on the water. The website for the group is http://tumbaobravo.com. Sounds like a lively evening. Please RSVP if you plan to attend.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 15 6:45 AM

        Tomorrow night is the free concert in the park across the lake from me.

        The plan is:

        Arrive

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 15 7:07 AM

          The free concert in the park across the lake from me it tomorrow, Wednesday, July 16, starting at 7:00. The plan is to be at my house around 6:00.

          You can arrive earlier and enjoy a picnic that you brought yourself (my grill is available.) I will have iced tea and watermelon for everyone.

          We'll head across the lake around 6:30, late arrivals can meet us there, you cannot get lost. It will be up to you if you wish to stay on the water, rumba on the beach or climb the hill to the music. You can find out more about the group playing at www.tumbaobravo.com.

          Please email or call (h-810-735-9570 - c-810-922-8627) For my address and/or directions to my house.

          Thursday we'll be launching from the public access on Lake Ponemah. It is off North Rd in Fenton.

          From the south get off US23 at Torrey Rd, turn right to North Rd then turn right again. Look for the brown public launch sign on your left about a 1/2 - 1 mile up. From the north, get off at North Rd exit, turn right and look for the sign. You will need to pay a fee if you do not have your State Park sticker.

          Weekend paddles are up to you, I will be paddling around Lake Huron.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 15 7:08 AM

            The free concert in the park across the lake from me it tomorrow, Wednesday, July 16, starting at 7:00. The plan is to be at my house around 6:00.

            You can arrive earlier and enjoy a picnic that you brought yourself (my grill is available.) I will have iced tea and watermelon for everyone.

            We'll head across the lake around 6:30, late arrivals can meet us there, you cannot get lost. It will be up to you if you wish to stay on the water, rumba on the beach or climb the hill to the music. You can find out more about the group playing at www.tumbaobravo.com.

            Please email or call (h-810-735-9570 - c-810-922-8627) For my address and/or directions to my house.

            Thursday we'll be launching from the public access on Lake Ponemah. It is off North Rd in Fenton.

            From the south get off US23 at Torrey Rd, turn right to North Rd then turn right again. Look for the brown public launch sign on your left about a 1/2 - 1 mile up. From the north, get off at North Rd exit, turn right and look for the sign. You will need to pay a fee if you do not have your State Park sticker.

            Weekend paddles are up to you, I will be paddling around Lake Huron.

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 19, 2008

              Thursday 21st  6:00 Linden Mill Pond to Lake Ponemah and back to Linden Christine 248-328-9184

              Thursday 21st Summit Sports free kayak demo Island Lake Recreation Area Kent Lake beach 4 – 8

              Friday – Sunday 21st – 23rd Primative camping/kayaking trip on the
              Manistee River near Smithville, MI Drive up Friday after work or
               early Saturday morning.
              You must be able to carry all of your clothes, food and camping gear on/in your kayak or canoe.
              Mid-morning Saturday we'll load the kayaks, launch, do a float down the river and set up a
              primitive camp around 5 p.m. Sunday we’ll cook breakfast, break camp and continue
              our paddle. Contact Barb at 810-458-4242 or Jim at 810-449-7311 for details.

              Friday 22 11 am.Clear Lake in Oxford Toni Prism" toniprism@...

              Please send this note out to the Kayak folks and see if anyone is interested - if the date doesn't work, we'll try another one.

              Kayaking at Clear Lake, Friday August 22, at 11 am.
              Clear Lake in Oxford connects with several other small lakes that run between Drahner Road and Seymour Lake Road. To reach the access from the intersection of M-24 and Drahner Road (east west road between Lake Orion and Oxford) :

              Take Drahner Road west for about 2-1/2 miles. On the left you will see Clear Lake Elementary School.
              At the end of the school property is Sebek Blvd. which is across from the school and goes north only.
              One block past Sebek is an unpaved road which is the lake access road.
              It goes north also, a right turn, about 1/2 mile to a large parking lot and a launching area with a dock.
              Since it is an all-sports lake, kayaking would be better and safer on a weekday.

              Saturday 23rd Holly Waterworks Park to Fenton Strom Park 1:00 Maggie 810-735-9570. (this is a change from previous schedule) I have heard that the water is low and the Fenton Mill pond is weedy where you enter from  the river. Please email back if you plan on going on this trip.