Kayaking Fenton CC to Linden this Sat, July 2

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2011
      Meet at the Fenton Community Center at 9:30 and be ready to  be on the water. If you need to spot a vehicle meet in Linden at 9:00. If you only want to go to the boat launch on Ponemah off North Rd, make your own arrangements. See you on the water 9:30tomorrow.

      Did downtown Linden to Hogan Rd today. Had to go under a new tree around the park area and over one near Hogan Rd. Both do-able. River is so much lower than it was for the cleanup two weeks ago! Need to keep eyes open for logs, rocks and sandbars. Saw lots of wildlife, fawn, turtles, kingfishers, herons... Getting out at Hogan is mucky! If you want to do this section of the river do it soon, grasses and other water plants growing fast. Anyone want to do Hogan to Bird within the next week? Want to do Byron Mill pond up to Duffield or as far as we can get. Someone name a date and time.
    • karenmonetta@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2011
        We are in..3 to 5 of us - looking forward to a great paddle!

        --- In Fenton-area-paddlers@yahoogroups.com, Maggie Yerman <yerantmag@...> wrote:

        > Meet at the Fenton Community Center at 9:30 and be ready to  be on the water. If you need to spot a vehicle meet in Linden at 9:00. If you only want to go to the boat launch on Ponemah off North Rd, make your own arrangements. See you on the water 9:30tomorrow.
        >
        > Did downtown Linden to Hogan Rd today. Had to go under a new tree around the park area and over one near Hogan Rd. Both do-able. River is so much lower than it was for the cleanup two weeks ago! Need to keep eyes open for logs, rocks and sandbars. Saw lots of wildlife, fawn, turtles, kingfishers, herons... Getting out at Hogan is mucky! If you want to do this section of the river do it soon, grasses and other water plants growing fast. Anyone want to do Hogan to Bird within the next week? Want to do Byron Mill pond up to Duffield or as far as we can get. Someone name a date and time.

      • Aaron Vandyke
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2011
          Just to let everyone know, we did fenton to linden tonight, it was clear and fun, but the water level is pretty low with a lot of sand bars, still a good paddle though......

          Maggie Yerman <yerantmag@...> wrote:

          >Meet at the Fenton Community Center at 9:30 and be ready to  be on the water. If you need to spot a vehicle meet in Linden at 9:00. If you only want to go to the boat launch on Ponemah off North Rd, make your own arrangements. See you on the water 9:30tomorrow.

          >Did downtown Linden to Hogan Rd today. Had to go under a new tree around the park area and over one near Hogan Rd. Both do-able. River is so much lower than it was for the cleanup two weeks ago! Need to keep eyes open for logs, rocks and sandbars. Saw lots of wildlife, fawn, turtles, kingfishers, herons... Getting out at Hogan is mucky! If you want to do this section of the river do it soon, grasses and other water plants growing fast. Anyone want to do Hogan to Bird within the next week? Want to do Byron Mill pond up to Duffield or as far as we can get. Someone name a date and time.
        • bulldogg629
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2011
            Sorry, What does spot a vehicle mean? And where do we meet in Linden? Thanks
          • karenmonetta@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2, 2011
              Spotting a car means leaving a car at your final destination, so you have a way to drive back to the other cars. Meeting in Linden at the Mill Pond.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 2, 2011
                Spot means to take a car, truck, whatever to the end of your journey so you have a way to get back. Meet in Linden at the Sharp Funeral home parking lot across from the takeout on Linden's Mill Pond on Tickner St.
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 2, 2011
                  Thanks for letting us know.