Saturday.

  • willi
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2011
      FYI -

      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: "Fix, Jeremy (DNRE)" <FixJ@...>
      To: "Willi_H2O@..." <Willi_H2O@...>
      Sent: Tue, May 31, 2011 3:13:17 PM
      Subject: For members in your organization that may be looking for something to do on Saturday.

      Hello,

      My name is Jeremy Fix, I called the Springfield Township Parks & Recreation office  earlier today with some information on a event in town. I work as a Recreation Programming Assistant within the Department of Natural Resources (DNR).

      I wanted to let you know about something happening on June 4th, National Trails Day that may be of interest to you and your residents in the community. We would greatly appreciate you passing this information onto your participants as to let them know that there are more ways to get involved with the outdoors during National Trails Day.

      At the Holly State Recreation Area June 4th 2:00-8:00PM the DNR is hosting a large event that may be of special interest to many of the members in your organization as well as their kids.  In a short summary it is a free event to the kickoff of the summer called Recreation 101.  The DNR will be providing anyone of any skill level a chance to partake in a variety of activities that will be hosted in parks around the state later in the summer. In Holly State Recreation Area on Saturday, activities available will be biking, camping, fly fishing, outdoor cooking, paddling, disc golf among many others with the end of the event being for s'more making and a chance to enjoy some story telling. A link is below clearly states in more detail what is happening on the fourth.

      http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153--256427--,00.html

      If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me back at fixj@....

      Enjoy
      Jeremy M. M. Fix