Paddle & PFD Recommendations

  • mbarton524
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2011
      Hi all,
      As I'm new to paddling in this area, I'm looking for any recomendations on suitable paddles and PFDs for paddling on the Shiawassee and connecting lakes.
      Thanks

      Mark
    • Maggie
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2011
        You will need a PFD made specifically for paddling and feels good when you are in your boat. You need to take into consideration how high the back of your seat is and if you can adjust it for cool weather paddling when you'll be wearing more layers. General rule for paddles is the lighter weight the better and you should be able to adjust it for feathering. Go to You tube for video help or to www.paddling.net.