Re: Shiawassee headwaters.

  • Douglas
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 18, 2011
      Rock n Roll

      --- In Fenton-area-paddlers@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Julian <chuck.julian@...> wrote:

      > Are you saying that Doug and Steve are head bangers? : )
      >
      > Chuck
      >
      > Maggie Yerman wrote:
      > >
      > > Thank you Doug and Steve! I hear the water is COLD! I also heard that
      > > tall people in canoes can have a bit of a problem going through the
      > > "tubes" and that head banging is possible.

    • acrackashowin
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 19, 2011
        --- In Fenton-area-paddlers@yahoogroups.com, Douglas Lanyk <dslanyk@...> wrote:

        > The Shiawassee is clear from Waterworks Park in Holly to Fish Lk. Rd.
        > Steve and I went on a short scouting expedition yesterday. I brought a
        > chainsaw because I hate portaging. We took out 12 trees blocking the
        > river to clear our path. Since the river is just at flood stage the
        > culverts are a bit on the short side and when the water goes down there
        > will be a few more smaller trees to clear. By next week I'm expecting
        > the Fenton Mill Pond to break up so we can get out and clear the rest of
        > the way to Fenton. If anyone is interested in helping give me a shout.
        >
        > Douglas

        I was just By the Fenton mill pond at 5:00p and saw no Ice, so if your free and up for it I'm avalable tomorrow( Sunday).
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 20, 2011
          Did anyone go from Fish Lake to Fenton before it got cold and wet again?

          > The Shiawassee is clear from Waterworks Park in Holly to Fish Lk. Rd.
          > Steve and I went on a short scouting expedition yesterday. I brought a
          > chainsaw because I hate portaging. We took out 12 trees blocking the
          > river to clear our path. Since the river is just at flood stage the
          > culverts are a bit on the short side and when the water goes down there
          > will be a few more smaller trees to clear. By next week I'm expecting
          > the Fenton Mill Pond to break up so we can get out and clear the rest of
          > the way to Fenton. If anyone is interested in helping give me a shout.
          >
          > Douglas

          I was just By the Fenton mill pond at 5:00p and saw no Ice, so if your free and up for it I'm available tomorrow( Sunday).

        • Steve Hoffman
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 22, 2011
            Today I went from Fish Lake rd upstream to Acadamy dr  and then back downstream past Fish lake and almost to the grasslands before I was stopped by laziness and a tree blocking the river.
            There were at least a dozen places that needed attention in that span, none of witch required portage either upsream or down at the current water level (high). A tree has fallen just upstream from Fish Lake rd since Doug and I cleared that area a week ago.