Fw: Calling Paddlers for Aug. 7th to Rally for Fresh Water Forever

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2010

      Calling Paddlers for Fresh Water Forever Rally!

      Saturday, August 7th!

      1. Event: (Flushing Township Nature Park)

      Fresh Water Forever Event is at the Flushing Township Nature Park (FTNP) and is between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm on Saturday, August 7th.

      2. Paddle: (Flint River Watershed Coalition)

      FRWC Sponsored Paddle will start at 1:30 pm and finish at Barber Memorial Park around 3:30 p.m. (This is a very nice section of the river. Bald eagle sightings, calm, easy-flowing, not too deep, etc.)

      Do NOT have a canoe/kayak?

      The FRWC has a limited number available (rental fees covered) through the support of the Our Water program, Good Ol' Redbeards, and Fairbanks Canoes and Kayaks.

      So we can plan appropriately--Pre-registration is required.

      The $5.00 activity fee for paddlers is payable at the event.  Contact Sue Lossing at the FRWC to notify her of your interest in participating:  810-767-9491,  SLossing@....

      Bringing Your Own Canoe/Kayak?

      Please bring to the FTNP to be transported back to the river between 10:00 am and 12:30 pm.  Once loaded on the trailer, drive to take-out location.  At 1:00 pm, a shuttle will take you back to FTNP for the Fresh Water Forever Paddle.

      Reserving a Canoe/Kayak?

      Please park your vehicle at Barber Memorial Park to catch the 1:00 pm shuttle back to FTNP.

      I have notified those who have already reserved a canoe/kayak. If you have not heard from me, but are looking to reserve one, please contact me soon.

      3. Locations:

      FTNP is at 8301 N. McKinley Road, just north of Mt. Morris Road.  (N. McKinley and Mt. Morris Rd Intersection is about 4.5 miles West of I-75),

      Barber Memorial Park: N. Seymour Road, just south of M-57/Vienna Road intersection.  Park at the back of the park near the river.  (Seymour Rd. & W. Vienna Rd. Intersection is about 5.5 miles W. of I-75)

      4. Misc:

      The river is wide and we have not been bothered by bugs in this section, but the river can be bright if the sun is out.  Hats instead of sunglasses have been the favorable preference.  It may come in handy to bring a (reusable) water bottle along in case you want so stop and enjoy the scenery. J

      Partnering to protect, preserve and improve the Flint River watershed.

      FRWC New Logo - JPG Version.jpg

      Suzanne Lossing, Education & Outreach Coordinator

      432 N. Saginaw Street

      Flint, MI  48502

      slossing@...

      work/cell: 810-767-9491