Fw: THANKS TO SUMMIT SPORTS!!!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2010

      --- On Thu, 7/29/10, bill&patty Pape <billpatty@...> wrote:

      From: bill&patty Pape <billpatty@...>
      Subject: THANKS TO SUMMIT SPORTS!!!!
      To: "bill&patty" <billpatty@...>
      Date: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 10:10 PM

      There were about 40 participants Wednesday night at Island Lake Rec. Area for the free Paddling Clinic put on by Summit Sports of Brighton. People came from as far away as Flint and Lansing despite the bad weather that passed through earlier in the day.

      Sunny skies and puffy clouds were the backdrop as we sat on the beach for a half hour to learn the latest techniques of the forward stroke from Kelly Blades and Danny Mongno of Werner Paddles.  There was lots of humor thrown in as we picked up tips on exercises to do before paddling, high and low angle paddles, and the three phases of the forward stroke.  The best part was finding out what should happen "below the deck" as you paddle.   We progressed to the water for an hour of practice with feedback from Danny and Kelly.......a beautiful sunset and a fantastic evening to be on the water!!!

      Summit Sports provided boats and paddles for those that needed them, free munchies and beverages, and one lucky paddler even went home with a $100 gift certificate for participating. Thanks Summit Sports for providing this free clinic to area paddlers!!!!

      Patty Pape