Kayak-- June 13 Sun, Island Lake

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2010

         Good Morning,  We had a great turn out last week and beautiful weather for the Bruin Lake paddle.  None of our group camped-- which turned out to be a good decision, with the terrible storms that hit the area.  We meet up with the Lansing Club, for paddling and lunch.

      Kayaking this weekend at Island Lake State Recreation Area http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/Details.aspx?id=462&type=SPRK, meet at the canoe rental building, at the beach area, we'll put in and go down the river to Placeway Picnic area.  About 2 1/2 hrs, as I remember.

         Rentals are available in the park, http://www.heavnercanoe.com/

         Meet at 10:15-10:30, so we can shuttle cars down to the end.  The take out area, is in the park, so an easy drive down the park rd.

          Bring  lunch, so we can stop along the way.