raffle tickets

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2009

      This is the last week to buy a Headwaters Trails raffle tickets. You can purchase them at Linden Toy Factory, Linden's Bear Creek coffee shop, Southern Lakes Parks and Rec office in Fenton's Intermediate School on Ellen Street or by emailing me your request.

      Tickets are $5 each or 5/$20. Let me know how many you would like, your address and phone number and I will trust you to send me the money or a check made out to Headwaters Trails. Checks can be mailed to Headwaters Trails Inc. PO Box 33, Holly Michigan 48442

      Volunteers have done the work to keep the Shiawassee open. The River is not as fast or  deep as the ones you can find Up North, but it is in "our backyard". It winds through beautiful countryside and offers its own excitement. Headwaters Trails it the group that began the river trail and inspired volunteers to keeping it fairly clear. Now they are installing signage and mile markers to help the people who are using it. All this is FREE to the paddlers.

      We must raise $6000 and so far we only have had $2165 turned in. The drawing is this Saturday, October 3 at 1:00. Please do this as a "Thank You" to the Julians, Headwaters Trails and all the volunteers who have worked so hard on developing this river trail.

      Thanks,

      Maggie