Fw: River Cleanup

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2009

      --- On Mon, 8/3/09, Chuck Julian <chuck.julian@...> wrote:

      From: Chuck Julian <chuck.julian@...>
      Subject: River Cleanup
      Date: Monday, August 3, 2009, 9:57 AM

      In Holly, Saturday August 8, 2009, we will remove tires from the Holly Millpond from 9 until noon. This is strenuous work. A dozen people will be needed to work from shore and in boats to lift the old tires from the mucky bottom and stack them in the dumpster provided by the Village of Holly. We'll eliminate that source of contamination and encourage everyone to keep our local waters clean. Call Sue Julian at 248-634-3513 to volunteer.  If we have enough people, we will also go from the Community Center in Fenton to US23 to pickup trash and do some brush trimming.  Currently, there is a lot of trash in and around the river plus some brush and low hanging tree branches that could make the trip down the river a little more difficult than it needs to be.