Wed and Sat

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2009
      Wednesday will be an easy paddle around the lake at Seven Lakes State Park located on Fish Lake Rd. off Grange Hall between Fenton and Holly. There will be extra kayaks here for people to try. Meet at 6:15 at the Big Seven Lake parking lot w..a..y back from the entrance.

      Saturday is the river cleanup from Linden to Argentine. Meet at Argentine Fire Hall at 8:00 for a pancake breakfast and assignments. We'll start work in Linden and meet in the parking lot by Tom's Coney at 9:00.

      Here are some of the things we will need people do:
      ...pick up trash around launch areas and parking lots
      ...plant flowers at Argentine Twp Hall
      ...weed-whack a trail to the river on Hogan Rd.
      ...walk the river for trash from below the dam in Linden to the beginnings of the grassy area and back
      ...walk the river for trash from Hogan Rd to beyond Day's Farm and back
      ...take canoes, flat bottom boats or kayaks down the river to pick up trash in the deeper waters
      ...trim face slappers with pruners and hand saws,
      ...attack trees blocking the way with chain saws, there will be 3-4 different entry areas including off Rolston,  Hogan and two between McCaslin and Duffield.

      If you plan to be in the water you will need to wear shoes that will stay on your feet and protect them from any sharp objects. I also suggest quick dry clothing. We have seen a lot of poison ivy so you may even want to bring soap to wash off right a way and a change of shoes.

      We have some pairs of brown cotton gloves. If you want better protection for your hands bring your own gloves that may fit better. We will have a few grabbers and sticks to reach into the water without having to bend into the water.

      Bring if you have them:
      hand pruners, hand saws,
      long handled pruners
      chain saws
      flat bottom boats or canoes

      Kids are welcome with parents or scout leaders.

      Sub sandwiches, drinks, snack food, etc. will be served at Linden Academy of Dance and Music for volunteers starting at noon .