    Message 1 of 1 , May 24 10:11 AM

      Fenton Area Paddlers

      The Pine River trip is coming up this Sunday, May 31st with an option to camp out Saturday night near the river. The Pine is located west of Cadillac , MI on Hwy 55.

      HOSTS - Jim & Barb Suchovsky’s home 810-458-4242, Jim’s cell 810-449-7311, Barb’s cell 810-919-0212, jim_such@... or bjcurtis@...

      SKILL LEVEL – Intermediate Beginner and above

      GROUP SIZE – No Size limitation, however a permit is required to run this river. We have reserved 10 permits for this river based upon last years group size and therefore would like a commitment by this Tuesday morning 9:00 a.m. Permits are only $2 for each boat. There is a small fee per vehicle for parking in the river side parking lots by the state.

      THE RIVER - The Pine River is scenic, runs through state lands, is a popular float and is fairly narrow with a few natural obstacles to navigate around. The Pine flows quickly and has several small, but fun rapids as it travels over rocks, and around rocks, it is a shallow river averaging 2 to 3 feet deep.

      SAFETY - Barb and I require that you have a PFD (lifejacket) on this river, it may be worn or carried on your boat depending upon your comfort level with this river.  If you do not have one, or cannot invest in one, please contact us and we may be able to come up with one for you.

      AGENDA - Meet at the river by 10:00 a.m. Sunday morning, spot cars, float river, have river bank lunch, finish float, drive home. Trip should end around 4:00 p.m.

      This river is planned as a day trip, but some will be camping out on Saturday night, enjoying dinner and campfire. For those spending the night, arrive at the campsite, set up camp, and cook dinner or go out (to be determined), build a campfire and enjoy the evening. There are motels for those who desire. We wakeup Sunday, break camp and head for the river by 10:00 a.m., spot cars, float river, have river bank lunch, finish float, drive home.

      EXPECTED COSTS, ETC - Shuttle fee, State parking permit, gas money, food for yourself at campsite if camping, and food and drinks for riverside lunch, and related personal items.

      MISC - As the Pine gets booked out in the summer, an early season trip allows us to enjoy the float more. The State of Michigan has a maximum river limit of two alcoholic drinks per person in your boat. Local livery’s rent smaller 10 foot kayaks, and some rent 7 ft to 8 ft whitewater play kayaks requiring a bit more skill, but lots of fun. Plan a head if you desire one of the livery’s boats. We can help with names and phone numbers of the liveries for boat rentals.

      CANCELLATION – at this time the weather looks perfect for this coming weekend with mid 70’s and mostly sunny, therefore we are not expecting to have to cancel due to weather.

      See You on the River,

      Jim &  Barb