Saturday's paddle

    Message 1 of 2 , May 21, 2009
      After a beautiful paddle Wednesday evening we decided we wanted more!

      If you can join us Saturday, May 23 at Island Lake State Park
      We will be paddling the Huron River
      Meet at in parking lot launch area 11:00
      Bring a lunch, we will picnic half-way down
      Kayak and canoe rentals available through Heavners
      Plan on joining us for after-paddle refreshments at a local restaurant.

      Condition reports is that someone paddled the stretch inside the park Wednesday and there were a few places that need to be cleared out. They were planning on doing it today or tomorrow so the river will be clear this weekend.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2009
        There is an art fair at Flushing Riverview Park is this Saturday. It starts at 9:00 and goes to 4:00. There will be music, kids activities, etc. They have been having it the first Saturday in June since 1966.

        I will not be going because I just do not want to have to find a parking space then try to carry kayaks to our cars through a crowd. I have canceled the Your Ride bus.

        Terry and a friend are still going and meeting at Mitson Landing at 10:00. They may be continuing on to Montrose.

        If it is a beautiful day, get out there and paddle. If you find a someplace else to paddle let us know. If you want company on a paddle other than Mitson to Riverview Park, send an email to me and I will forward it.

        There is a 50% chance of rain on Sunday for the canoe/kayak race and fun paddle. I will be there rain or shine.