Re: [Fenton-area-paddlers] Bridge Clearance -- Local Rivers

  • Chuck Julian
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2009
      I personally think that the tubes below Academy Road, at the railroad tracks, in Holly are too full to safely pass through.  I would suggest portaging there.  The foot bridge behind the Holly Academy is also too low in this high water.  Both of these are on the Shiawassee.  In addition, there is a log hazard at the tube going under Academy Road.  It is passable, but probably not for a novice.  We will try to clear that on Sunday.

      Chuck Julian

      willi wrote:
      Any bridge clearance issues people should know about this weekend on local rivers  ?

    • Douglas Lanyk

        Message 3 of 6 , May 12, 2009
          I sent it out 2 weeks ago.

          Chuck

        • nickdimmick@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 12, 2009
            I paddle the Shiawassee from Holly to Fenton on Monday, May 4th. The three tubes were very full of water. I was OK in my kayak, but it would have been pretty scary in a canoe. Getting lined up before entering would be pretty tough for a novice at these water levels..

            Nick Dimmick