Paddle update on Shiawassee.

  • Douglas Lanyk
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2008
      Great day All;

      What a glorious morning for a paddle. Jimmy and I launched from
      Waterworks Park about 8:30 this morning. The wildlife was abundant. We
      saw deer, waterfowl, hawks (with their lunch), an owl and several other
      small furry and feathered friends. We took our time and floated down to
      the Fenton Holly Twp. line. We ran into very few obstacles on the way.
      There are 3 trees that will require modification with a chainsaw
      sometime soon. It only required one step outside of the canoe to get us
      through. There were a couple of low bridges. We didn't check out the
      Fenton Mill Pond. I'm guessing some minor ice breaking would be in order.

      Have a great day. I have and will.
      Doug.