Fw: Six Rivers Adventure League Flint Paddle Satuday May 31

    Message 1 of 1 , May 28 5:57 PM

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Jim Lloyd <sixriversjim@...>
      Date: Wed, May 28, 2014 at 10:27 AM
      Subject: Six Rivers Adventure League Flint Paddle Satuday May 31
      To: Jim Lloyd <jameshlloyd22@...>

      Would you like to paddle "up north" but skip the three hour drive. Well this Saturday's paddle on the Flint River should fit that order. We will be paddling on the South Branch of the Flint River between Lapeer and Columbiaville. This is a beautiful stretch of river that winds through natural forested areas. The high water level makes for easy paddling and a quicker current that will keep you entertained. Note that we will start at 11:00 AM which is different that what I had earlier sent. This three hour paddle will take about two hours due to the improved current and high water. Level of difficulty is easy. Those who paddled the Flint last year with us will find this section vastly superior.

      Meet at Norway Landing on W. Norway Lake Road for 11:00 AM push off.

      From M-24 (Lapeer Road) take Norway Lake Rd west 2 miles to the Landing. Norway Lake Road is about 5 miles north of Lapeer. Turn left at the Hillside Church.

      From M-15 ,about 5 miles north of Davison, take Stanley Rd East seven miles to Flint River Road. Go left (north) on Flint River Rd 2 miles and then right (east) on Norway Lake Rd. 1 mile to the Landing.
      If you are using navigation enter 2000 W Norway Lake Road Lapeer Michigan 48446 and that should get you real close.
      If you are lost or late, call me on 248-881-9977.

      There will be a $10 donation to support the Adventure League. Norway Landing is a Michigan DNR access site and you should have a Recreation Passport endorsement on your license plate.

      Hope many of you can make it. This is an excellent river paddle.

      Jim Lloyd and Tom Gratch
      Adventure League Leaders