Headwaters Trails Shiawassee cleanup Aug 4

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30 8:32 AM
      Headwaters Trails will be having a cleanup of the Shiawassee River from Duffield Road to Byron, Sunday August 4, 2013.
      We will meet at Tom Larson's house, which is on the NW corner of the river and Duffield Road, at 9 AM.

      We hope to be off the river by 1:00, afterward, Ricky Ostrowski has generously offered to have us eat at his house.
      We will be cutting debris and picking trash, so we can use anyone who wants to join us. You will need a boat, due to the need to cross the Byron Mill Pond.
       If you do not have one, contact Chuck Julian and he will try to arrange a ride for you. If you have extra space, please let him know and he will try to find someone to ride with you.
      Please let Chuck know if you are coming. We will be using Best Practices, in clearing the river. If you plan to work independently of us or on other rivers,
      you may want to come to learn the correct way to clean a river. We always end up with a lot of trash picked up, so if you have a big boat, that is appreciated.

      Contact Chuck if you have questions at 248-634-3513 evenings at home  or 248-335-8785, at work during the day.  Just tell the person who
      answers the phone at City Aluminum, that you are calling him about the river.