667labor day paddle

    Sep 4, 2011
      If you need a map of the Shiawassee in the Byron to Geeck Park area go to http://www.shiawasseeriver.org/abouttheriver/enjoyyourriver.html and print the Canoe brochure and map. You can also find out more about Walnut Hills Campground at http://www.walnuthillsfamilycampground.com. Go to http://www.cheffscanoerental.com if you are joining us at Walnut Hills and need to arrange spotting for your vehicle or to rent a boat for our trip.
      We will meet at the launch area in the Byron HS ball field at 10am. After dropping off our boats we'll spot cars at Walnut Hills and Geeck Park, depending on how far you want to paddle. We also expect to pick up additional paddlers at Walnut Hills around 12:30. If you are paddling the second half you will need to arrange your own spotting of vehicles, hire Cheffs to transport you back (call them for reservation) or catch a ride back with one of the through paddlers.