1054Re: [Fenton-area-paddlers] Keepers meeting tonight 7:00 Fenton Community Center

    Feb 13, 2014
      I am heading back to Florida on Feb 20 and am without transportation while here. Luckily I have generous friends with transportation to lend.

      There have been times that Sue Lossing and I have talked about sponsoring a triathlon with kayaking, biking an running. The trails would have to connect to the river and probably go along Roston Rd. which is only partly paved. Would your trails initiative include creating a path next to existing roadways? It is a lovely road that isn't traveled much because of the condition. The section I am thinking of is between Bridge St and Hogan Rd. We communities of Linden, Argentine, Fenton and I think Lk Fenton were just deeded land on Rolston closer to Argentine that will be developed for recreation eventually so improving Rolston for bikes and walking would give access to future campers and boaters to Linden to shop for necessities.

      On Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:37 PM, Maggie Yerman <yerantmag@...> wrote:

      Please remember to attend the Keepers of the Shiawassee meeting tonight. Great opportunity to learn about the storm drains that run into the Shiawassee.
      We will have our regular business meeting after the presentation.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic