1049Non-paddling Adventure late winter 2014

  • Jay Hanks
    Dec 17 3:49 PM
      Greetings:

      I am Jay Hanks, the President of the Lansing Oar and Paddle Club.  Among my many outdoor pursuits, I also am a professional guide working for the University of Michigan's Outdoor Adventures program.  I wanted to let all of you know about the outdoor opportunities available through Outdoor Adventures, but in particular an event the weekend of March 7-9.

      I am leading a trip in the Ortonville Recreation Area near Ortonville, MI with the trip using "The Pines" cabin owned by the Michigan DNR.  This is a 20-person cabin with heat but no electricity.  There is pump water and a vault toilet.  Our plan is to spend a late-winter weekend there and snowshoe or cross country ski depending on weather conditions and personal preferences.   If there is no snow we will orienteer a day hike to Pinnacle Point on Saturday.

      Expect lots of group games and fun in our time in the cabin, and lots of outside activity besides the skiing and/or hiking.  We provide all of the delicious food and equipment, including healthy snacks, so all you need is yourself and your outdoor clothing!

      If this is something that is interesting, you can check us out at   http://recsports.umich.edu/content/spring-break-weekend-adventure-pines-cabin  And no, it is not free.  It is an exceptional value, however.

      Please forgive me if this is something you are not interested in.  I am not trying to spam or solicit in the negative context of soliciting.

      I love the outdoors and hope you can join me!

      All the best,

      Jay Hanks