FSS panels at ISA this year

  • Annick T.R. Wibben
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2011
    Dear All -
    Attached please find a list of the panels sponsored by the Feminist Security Studies Network (us!) at ISA this year. There is an expanded version with all details and a one-page short listing to take a long to the conference (feel free to share). I will also make some quarter-sheet handouts available at the conference itself. Note - there are more panels at ISA that might be of interest to this list, please see the ISA program online for a full listing.
    Best,
    Annick*

    --
    Annick T.R. Wibben, Ph.D.

    Chair, International Studies
    Asst. Professor, Politics
    University of San Francisco
    2130 Fulton Street
    San Francisco, CA 94117-1080
    U.S.A.

    Phone 415.422.5058
    Fax 415.422.2101
    Email awibben@...

    Author of Feminist Security Studies: A narrative approach (Routledge, 2011) http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415457286/

  • Wright, Susan
    Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2011
      I'm sorry, but I can't open the long version. Could you send it in Word?

      Thanks!

      Susan

      [Attachment(s) from Annick T.R. Wibben included below]

[...]

      2 of 2 File(s)

    • Annick T.R. Wibben
      Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2011

        Message 4 of 4 , Aug 16, 2011
          Dear all,

          I am writing because the new editors at the International Feminist Journal of Politics (myself, Cynthia Weber, and Heidi Hudson), along with our whole editorial team (listed below) would like to encourage you to submit to the journal!

          As you may know, International Feminist Journal of Politics is a unique cross-cultural and international forum to foster debate and dialogue at the intersection of international relations, politics and women's studies. Developed by a team of leading feminist scholars, this journal brings together some of the most influential figures in the field to build a global critical community of writers and readers. This journal features research on women, gender relations and sexuality from the perspectives of international relations, political theory, globalization studies, international political economy, comparative politics, pace research, international law, development studies, political geography, and cultural studies, among other fields. As well as the main section of the journal featuring full-length articles, it also offers a special 'Conversations' section, which publishes interviews with leading scholars and practitioners, conference reports and film readings. The book review section regularly features review articles as well as individual book reviews.

          As you may not know, there are a lot of changes going on at IFjPIn addition to the editorial change, the journal has just started utilizing FirstView, where articles are published online previous to being published in print for subscribers.  The journal also celebrates its first Thomson-Reuters Social Science Citation Index ranking and impact factor in 2011! We are also in the process of accepting our first web-based content to be an accompaniment to the print journal, and are developing an interface where we can publish artwork, podcasts, videos, and conversations as journal content. We are working on updating the journal's emailing and submission processes to cut down the turn-around time for submissions as well. All in all, it is an exciting time at IFjP, and a great time to be submitting to the journal. We hope you will consider us for your next article(s)!

          Best,

          ifjp@...
          www.ifjp.org

          Heidi Hudson