FSS submissions for ISA 2014

  • Annick T.R. Wibben
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2013
      Dear All -
      Our ISA submissions are done! We have a record 14 panels and I'm already dreading making decisions on which panel/ conversation to attend next spring...

      Also, this record number of submissions was made possible not only because of the excellent support from Lauren Wilcox who worked with me this year, but also the many FSSers who took it upon themselves to submit complete (or almost complete) panels to us this year. Thank you!!!

      Here is a list of the panels we have submitted:
      FSS1 Gender and Post Conflict Institution Building: Linking International and National Spaces (thanks Laura McLeod & BISA on this one)
      FSS2 Gender and Militarized Heroism in Popular Culture (thanks to Jenny Mathers for this one & FSS3)
      FSS3 Gender and Militarized Heroism: Experiences and Discursive Practices from Around the World
      FSS4 Theorizing the Politics of Space/Place in Feminist Security Studies
      FSS5 Gendered/ Gendering Lives in a Post-Conflict City (thanks to Marjaana Jauhola & Leena Kotilainen)
      FSS6 Gender and Embodiment in Changing Landscapes of War
      FSS7 Insider and/or Outsider? Feminist Perspectives on Positionality and Reflexivity
      FSS8 Non-State Armed Groups, Gender & Violence (thanks to Phoebe Randal)
      FSS9 Canadian Perspectives on Women in Combat (thanks to Maya Eichler)
      FSS10 Issues in the Study of Gender-Based-Violence and UN Frameworks
      FSS11 Who Gets To Fight? Gendered & Sexualized Combat Exclusions and Ideals
      FSS12 Intersectionality in Feminist Security Studies: Methodology Matters

      FSS13 The Soldier as Liberal Citizen
      (thanks to Julia Welland)
      FSS14 War and Security or War/ Security: Critically Reassessing Boundaries (thanks to Alex Kreidenweiss)
      See you in Toronto!
      Annick*

      --
      Annick T.R. Wibben, Ph.D.

      Associate Professor
      Politics & International Studies
      University of San Francisco
      2130 Fulton Street
      San Francisco, CA 94117-1080
      U.S.A.

      Phone 415.422.5058
      Fax 415.422.2101
      Email awibben@...
      Web: http://www.usfca.edu/facultydetails.aspx?id=4294969603

      Author of Feminist Security Studies: A Narrative Approach (Routledge, 2011):
      http://www.routledge.com/978-0-415-45728-6

      The USF College of Arts & Sciences asks you to please consider the environment before printing this email.

    • Ronni Alexander
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2013
        Thanks for doing such great work!
        ronni