343Introduction and invitation to a webinar

  • Barbara Trojanowska
    Jun 4, 2014
      Dear All,

      Thank you for accepting my request to join the Feminist Security Studies group.

      My name is Barbara Trojanowska and I am the coordinator of the Academic Network of the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF). I have been working in the field of Gender, Peace and Security since 2010, first at the Norwegian Peace Council in Oslo and then at the PeaceWomen Programme in New York. Recently, I have been mainly interested in the NAPs on WPS. I obtained my master's degree in Gender Studies at the University of Oslo.

      I am aware that quite a few of FSS members are also part of the WILPF Academic Network. For others, please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this initiative. I will be happy to provide you with more details.

      I would also like to use the opportunity to invite you to join the webinar on "Sexual Violence in Conflict" that the WILPF Academic Network will be hosting tomorrow. Professor Janie Leatherman will be speaking about the causes and consequences of sexual violence in contemporary armed conflict. She will address the new trends in conflict-related sexual violence and arising challenges in humanitarian responses, reflecting on current strategies of prevention, protection, and caring. For more information please check http://www.womenstopwar.org/wsw-webinar-series/. If you would like to participate, please notice that registration is needed: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1683501094635208706.

      Once again, thank you for including me, I am sure that being part of this group will be very fruitful to me.

      Very best,
      Barbara Trojanowska

      image
      WomenStopWar | WSW Webinar Series
      Women’s Power to Stop War Webinar Series This Series of regular Webinars is hosted by our WILPF Academic Network and will be featuring every two months in the l...
      Preview by Yahoo

      Registration
      (GMT-11:00) Midway Island, Samoa (GMT-10:00) Hawaii (GMT-09:00) Alaska (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US and Canada);Tijuana
      Preview by Yahoo