Draft Russ Meetups

  • Gerald D. Troiano
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2005
      Others have mentioned this and I also believe that a Draft Russ
      Feingold for President Meetup is key to helping organize a national
      campaign

      Meetup.com isn't starting any new topics for 2008 candidates. This, I
      believe, is a mistake. After all, it is a draft candidate campaign,
      and we need to get started--before we get started, if you know what I
      mean.

      So email Meetup and request that a "Draft Russ Feingold for President"
      topic be created: http://www.meetup.com/help/contactus/

      fraternally,
      jerry
    • Chuck Wishman
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2005
        That is a great idea - I think Dean 2004 proved that meetups (or something like it), are essential to building a grassroots movement.  If meetup won't do it, is there some other way to do it?  Would it even be possible to organize it ourselves?  I think it might.

        Just as far as www.draftruss.org goes - you may have not heard from us for a while.  We're in the process of giving the site a facelift and getting a detailed campaign plan for draftruss together.

        Eric and I have had a whole host of problems lately, from interruptions in phone service, to interruptions in internet service, to bad Iowa weather, and so on that have kept us from being in good contact with each other and with you all.

        But now, all of those problems have been solved (except for Iowa weather) and we're moving forward.

        Rock on, y'all.

        Chuck Wishman

        http://mail.yahoo.com