Republicans and complexities...They can understand them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2006
      Republicans and complexities...They can understand
      them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      For so long, I thought Republicans were simplitons who lived in a
      black\white, on\off, either\or world. I didn't think they were able
      to see complexities in things.

      For example, during the 2004 campaign, they couldn't seem to
      understand that Kerry both served his country and at the same time
      came home and protested the war. They acted almost unable to
      comprehend that someone could do this.

      During that campaign, whenever Kerry spoke about complexities in
      global affairs, they just kinda twitched their cheeks and said
      things like, "Well that's just silly liberal chatter!"

      And on and on the list can go, of my observations about Republicans
      not being able to deal with complexities!

      But then something last week, happened, that opened my eyes, and
      showed me that Republicans can indeed deal with complexities.
      Shucks, I even learned they will explain and support something
      complex.

      When the Iraqi president came and spoke in our Congress, the very
      president who won't renounce Hezbolah or the attacks on innocent
      Israelies. When confronted about this fact, most Republicans said a
      stunning thing! They said something like, "Well it's complex, he's
      got pressure back home! He can't denounce Hezbolah!"

      Hearing comments like this spewing out of Republicans mouths about
      floored me. I had carpet burn on my rump, from when I fell out of my
      chair and skidded across the carpet in shock!

      What happened to our, you're either for terror or against it neo-
      cons? All the sudden now, they are seeing the world as "complex",
      and are realizing that sometimes leaders have to tip toe around
      things!

      Republicans saying in one breath you're either for terror or against
      it, then in the next breath justifying this guy because things
      are "complex in Iraq, is almost like Kerry voting for the bill to
      support the war, then voting against it!

      Now if a president Kerry had allowed such a speaker into our
      congress, I'm sure he wouldn't be afforded the same "understanding".
      We'd hear liberal flip flopper. American hatin president.

      Anyway, back to my first thought. I've learned that Republicans can
      indeed deal with and understand complexities! In the future when you
      see them speaking in absolutes, and acting like they can't see the
      details of an issue, don't buy the act! Instead, realize like me,
      that Republicans can understand complexities, but only when it suits
      their purposes.

      www.strawpoll08.com