RE: [Feingold08] Re: I hereby withdraw my support for Russ Feingold for President.

  • Jay Hubbell
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 20, 2006
      Maybe because the state of Israel is entirely established by the connivance of Europeans and Americans on the land seized from those who thus have this unending enmity. From their perspective they are fighting an army of foreign occupation (mainly, white Europeans) of THEIR land.

      The Palestinian people were driven from their land by an invasion backed by violence and terror.  Has the Israeli theocracy ever paid for the land they seized by violence from the Palestinians? I think not. Israel was founded as a terror state from the get-go. The Balfour declaration was an abominable action where the major powers decided to set up Palestine as a dumping ground for their Jews at the expense of the real Semites, the Palestinians.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 20, 2006
        Okay...I'm Italian.  Should I not be President because Italy invaded Ethiopia?

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 20, 2006
          We who call outselves Progressives need to stop with the knee-jerk reactions.  The US HAS a very long history of creating war when peace would work but peace doesn't sell.

          Dropping out again is not the answer getting mad enough enough to take real action for peace is the ONLY answer.  Change happens but slowly.

          I encourage you all to work to change the system and that means even changing some of the ideas Russ has that we don't agree with.

          Where was everyone when Rwanda happened - sitting around talking about sex in the oval office.  We are asleep as a country and now we see what out "ignorance is bliss" mentality does for us.  We have a war president who is encouraging every other war Prime Minister and President he can find because it supports the Bush claim of how bad it really is.

          Both sides in this region are wrong and somehow we need to help leaders step up to the plate and find ways of peace.

          It is afterall up to us not Russ.  Walking away won't help stop the killing.

          Wake up America - it is up to us not just Russ.  We hold the answers.

          Bill

          Bratislava, Slovakia

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 20, 2006
            Thank you for that email, Bill.

            I would also like to add a comment for those people who differ with Russ' stance on the current crisis in the Mideast.

            Yes, Russ has delivered an opinion on the current situation based on the facts presented at the time.  His opinion may very well still be the same today.  Regardless, I think it is important to remember a key strength that Russ has a politician in that he is open to debate and suggestion from his constituents.  (His yearly visits to all 72 counties in Wisconsin annually is a great example.)  I have always received a response from him/his office when I've expressed a view or concern on an issue.  If you take exception to a stance that he has taken, or a comment that he has made, don't just walk away.  Discuss it with him.  Let him know how you feel and why you feel that way.  Give him a decent chance to respond to your concerns.

            Anyway, that's my $.02.

            Kory

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 20, 2006
              Yes, and we took our land by force from the Native Americans.  Have we paid them for it?

              But for me, I do not support or not support Russ on one issue.  I support him because he is a Statesman, not a politician.  Weither I agree with him or not, his choices are well thought out, in what he believes is the best interest of those he serves, and he is inteligent enough to support his beliefs.  Here in Wisconsin, most people were upset at his lone vote against the war.  The republicans dumped tons of money into the state because they thought they could take advantage of that.  He won because he is an inteligent statesman.  For that, he has my support.

              Greg

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 20, 2006
                Well said.

                Fraternally,