We were told that the gun was our mother--China

  • Lugemwa FN
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002

      At the movies-----follow the link below.  FNL

      "We were told that the gun was our mother, was our friend, was our everything" - China.

      http://www.mnet.co.za/CarteBlanche/Display/Display.asp?Id=1792

      China Keitetsi, Ugandan child soldier, author and human rights
      activist at Harvard.   Screening of Carte Blanche documentary, "China,
      War Child," Thursday 7th November, 8pm, Emerson 210.

      The Harvard African Students Association, The Centre for International
      Development, and the Committee on African Studies are honoured to host:

                                      CHINA KEITETSI
                      Former child soldier in the Ugandan National Resistance
                      Army, renowned human rights campaigner and author.

      For a screening of the award winning Carte Blanche Documentary,
      "China, War Child," followed by a presentation by China herself.

      Date: Thursday, November 7th
      Time: 8pm
      Venue: Emerson 210
      (Emerson Hall is located in Harvard Yard, between Sever Hall and the
      walkway to Lamont Library).

      Questions? contact hudani@...

      More information on the documentary from Carte Blanche:
      "This is the story of China, a Ugandan woman who carried a gun when it
      was taller than she was. Forced to join Yoweri Museveni`s National
      Resistance Army at the tender age of 10, China has seen more of the dark side of
      life in just a few years than most of us encounter in a lifetime..."

      http://www.mnet.co.za/CarteBlanche/Display/Display.asp?Id=1792

      Do you Yahoo!?
      HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now