School Prayer

  • JInsley875@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 1999
      >>>>FOOD FOR THOUGHT<<<<<<<

      A poem on School Prayer

      Written by a 12 year old in Boston

      Now I lay me down in school
      Where praying is against the rule.
      For this great nation under God
      Finds mention of Him very odd.
      If scripture now the class recites
      It violates the Bill of Rights.
      Anytime my head I bow
      Becomes a federal matter now.
      The law is specific; the law is precise.
      Praying out loud is no longer nice.
      Praying aloud in a public hall
      Upsets those who believe in nothing at all.
      In silence alone we can meditate
      And if God should get the credit--great!
      They are bringing their guns,
      I don't dare bring my Bible,
      To do so might make me liable.
      So, now Oh Lord, this plea I make;
      Should I be shot in school,
      My soul please take.

      Comment from sender:This poem is the absolute truth
      and I think others should read it don't you? Please
      forward to as many people as you can.