Hanging Up Your Troubles

  • Heather A. Hannam
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2001
      Subject: Hanging up your troubles Celebrate the season!!

      I hired a carpenter to help me restore an old farmhouse, and after
      he had just finished a rough first day on the job, a flat tire made him
      lose an hour of work, his electric saw had quit, and now his ancient
      pickup
      truck refused to start. While I drove him home, he sat in silence. On
      arriving, he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked toward
      the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching tips of the
      branches with both hands. When opening the door, he underwent an
      amazing transformation. His tanned face was wreathed in smiles and he
      hugged
      his two small children and gave his wife a kiss. Afterward he walked me
      to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me.
      I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.
      Oh, that's my trouble tree," he replied. "I know I can't help
      having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, troubles don't
      belong in the
      house with my wife and the children. So I just hang them up on the tree
      every
      night when I come home. Then in the morning I pick them up again." He
      smiled, "Funny thing is, God makes sure that when I come out in the
      morning
      to pick 'em up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up
      the night before."