What Did You Find?

  • Heather A. Hannam
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2000
      WHAT DID YOU FIND?
      (Received from Archie in Clovis - Author Unknown)
      The surgeon sat beside the boy's bed; the boy's parents sat across from
      him. "Tomorrow morning," the surgeon began, "I'll open up your heart..."
      "You'll find Jesus there," the boy interrupted. The surgeon looked up,
      annoyed. "I'll cut your heart open," he continued, "to see how much
      damage has been done..."
      "But when you open up my heart, you'll find Jesus in there." The surgeon
      looked to the parents, who sat quietly. "When I see how much damage has
      been done, I'll sew your heart and chest back up and I'll plan what to do
      next." But you'll find Jesus in my heart. The Bible says He lives there.
      The hymns all say He lives there. You'll find Him in my heart." The
      surgeon had had enough. "I'll tell you what I'll find in your heart. I'll
      find damaged muscle, low blood supply, and weakened vessels And I'll find
      out if I can make you well.""You'll find Jesus there too. He lives
      there." The surgeon left.
      The surgeon sat in his office, recording his notes from the surgery.
      "...damaged aorta, damaged pulmonary vein, widespread muscle
      degeneration. No hope for transplant, no hope for cure. Therapy:
      painkillers and bedrest. Prognosis:," here he paused, "death within one
      year." He stopped the recorder, but there was more to be said. "Why?" he
      asked aloud. "Why did You do this? You've put him here; You've put him in
      this pain; and You've cursed him to an early death. Why?"
      The Lord answered and said, "The boy, My lamb, was not meant for your
      flock for long, for he is a part of My flock, and will forever be. Here,
      in My flock, he will feel no pain, and will be comforted as you cannot
      imagine. His parents will one day join him here, and they will know
      peace, and My flock will continue to grow." The surgeon's tears were hot,
      but his anger was hotter. "You created that boy, and You created that
      heart. He'll be dead in months. Why?" The Lord answered, "The boy, My
      lamb, shall return to My flock, for he has done his duty: I did not put
      My lamb with your flock to lose him, but to retrieve another lost lamb."
      The surgeon wept.
      The surgeon sat beside the boy's bed; the boy's parents sat across from
      him. The boy awoke and whispered, "Did you cut open my heart?" "Yes,"
      said the surgeon. "What did you find?" asked the boy. "I found Jesus
      there," said the surgeon.