Carrot, Egg and Coffee

  • hahannam@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13 10:11 PM
      A CARROT,  AN EGG,  AND A CUP OF COFFEE...
      You will never look at a cup of coffee the same way again.

      A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things
      were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and
      wanted to give up She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one
      problem was solved, a new one arose.

      Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water and
      placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to boil. In the first she
      placed carrots, in  the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed
      ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil; without saying A word.

      In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots
      out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a
      bowl.

      Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl. Turning to her
      daughter, she asked, "Tell me what you see."  "Carrots, eggs, and coffee,"
      she replied.

      Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and
      noted that they were soft. The mother then asked the daughter to take an egg
      and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg.

      Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter
      smiled, as she tasted its rich aroma the daughter then asked, "What does it
      mean, mother?"

      Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same
      adversity: boiling water. Each reacted differently. The carrot went in
      strong, hard, and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling
      water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer
      shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the
      boiling water, its insides became hardened. The ground coffee beans were
      unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the
      water.

      "Which are you?" she asked her daughter. "When adversity knocks on your
      door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

      Think of this: Which am I? Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain
      and adversity do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

      Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat?
      Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial
      hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff? Does my
      shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff
      spirit and hardened heart?

      Or am I like the coffee bean ? The bean actually changes the hot water, the
      very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases
      the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their
      worst, you get better and change the situation around you. When the hour is
      the darkest and trials are their greatest, do you elevate yourself to
      another level? How do you handle adversity? Are you a carrot, an egg or a
      coffee bean?

      May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you
      strong, enough sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you happy.

      The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;  they
      just make the most of everything that comes along their way. The brightest
      future will always be based on a forgotten past; you can't go forward in
      life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

      When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling.

      Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone
      around you is crying.

                 May we all be COFFEE!

      $65/Hr Job - 25 Openings
      Part-Time job ($20-$65/hr). Requirements: Home Internet Access
      Channel11NewsReport.com