Re: [FavoriteStories] The 4 Boyfriends

  • prasan sa
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
      good one to read and work on it.THANKS for sending such a good mail.

      On 10/1/08, Heather A Hannam <hahannam@...> wrote:

      Once upon a time, there was this girl who had four
      boyfriends.

      She loved the 4th boyfriend the most and adorned him with
      rich robes and treated him to the finest of delicacies. She
      gave him nothing but the best.

      She also loved the 3rd boyfriend very much and was always
      showing him off to neighboring kingdoms. However, she
      feared that one day he would leave her for another.

      She also loved her 2nd boyfriend. He was her confidant and
      was always kind, considerate and patient with her...
      Whenever this girl faced a problem, she could confide in
      him, and he would help her get through the difficult times.

      The girls 1st boyfriend was a very loyal partner and had
      made 20 great contributions in maintaining her wealth and
      kingdom. However, she did not love the first boyfriend.
      Although he loved her deeply, she hardly took notice of
      him.

      One day, the girl fell ill and she knew her time was short.
      She thought of her luxurious life and wondered, I now have
      four boyfriends with me, but when I die, I'll be all alone.'

      Thus, she asked the 4th boyfriend, I loved you the most,
      endowed you with the finest clothing and showered great
      care over you. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and
      keep me company?'

      'No way!' replied the 4th boyfriend and he walked away
      without another word.

      His answer cut like a sharp knife right into her heart.

      The sad girl then asked the 3rd boyfriend, 'I loved you all
      my life. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me
      company?'

      'No!' replied the 3rd boyfriend. 'Life is too good! When you
      die, I'm going to marry someone else!'

      Her heart sank and turned cold.

      She then asked the 2nd boyfriend, 'I have always turned to
      you for help and you've always been there for me.

      When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?'

      'I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!' replied the 2nd
      boyfriend. 'At the very most, I can only walk with you to
      your grave.'

      His answer struck her like a bolt of lightning, and the girl
      was devastated.

      Then a voice called out: 'I'll go with you. I'll follow you no
      matter where you go.'

      The girl looked up, and there was her 1st boyfriend. He was
      very skinny as he suffered from malnutrition and neglect.

      Greatly grieved, the girl said, 'I should have taken much
      better care of you when I had the chance!

      In truth, you have 4 boyfriends in your lives:

      Your 4th boyfriend is your body. No matter how much time
      and effort you lavish in making it look good; it will leave you
      when you die.

      Your 3rd boyfriend is your possessions, status and wealth.
      When you die, it will all go to others.

      Your 2nd boyfriend is your family and friends. No matter
      how much they have been there for you, the furthest they
      can stay by you is up to the grave.

      And your 1st boyfriend is your soul. Often neglected in
      pursuit of wealth, power and pleasures of the world.

      However, your soul is the only thing that will follow you
      where ever you go.

      Cultivate, strengthen and cherish it now, for it is the only
      part of you that will follow you to the throne of God and
      continue with you throughout Eternity.

      Thought for the day: Remember, when the world pushes you
      to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray.

      Click for free quote on refinancing your mortgage.

    • Heather A Hannam
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2008

        On 10/1/08, Heather A Hannam <hahannam@juno. com> wrote:

[...]

        Click here and choose from thousands of high quality used cars.