Little Old Lady

  • Heather A Hannam
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2008
      Little Old Lady

       There was a little old lady, who every morning. stepped onto
       her front porch, raised her arms to the sky, and shouted:
      "PRAISE THE LORD!"

      One day an atheist moved into the house next door. He became
       irritated at the little old lady. Every morning he'd step
       onto his front porch after her and yell: "THERE IS NO LORD!"
       Time passed with the two of them carrying on this way every
       day.

      One morning, in the middle of winter, the little old lady
       stepped onto her front porch and shouted: "PRAISE THE LORD!
      Please Lord, I have no food and I am starving, provide for
       me, oh Lord!"

       The next morning she stepped out onto her porch and there
       were two huge bags of groceries sitting there.

       "PRAISE THE LORD!" she cried out. "HE HAS PROVIDED GROCERIES
       FOR ME!"

       The atheist neighbor jumped out of the hedges and shouted:
       "THERE IS NO LORD; I BOUGHT THOSE GROCERIES!!"

       The little old lady threw her arms into the air and shouted:
       "PRAISE THE LORD! HE HAS PROVIDED ME WITH GROCERIES AND MADE
       THE DEVIL PAY FOR THEM!"