Re: [FateRPG] Re: FATEscape, AKA Spirit Of Farscape

  • Chuck Durfee
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 4, 2007

      -- Chuck

      On 6/4/07, Rel Fexive <rel_fexive@...> wrote:

      --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Durfee" <neontapir@...> wrote:

      > Crichton's a unique case, unless there are a lot of fish out of
      > water in your game. His being out of touch might be better handled
      > as an aspect. Maybe he gets a familiarity penalty to pertinent
      > social roles, but that way he at least gets a fair share of fate
      > points for the inconvenience.

      It would be much better as an aspect, yes, I just thought it was the
      quickest way to highlight what the skill does ;) It would work a
      treat that way, actually :)

      On the subject of aspects, I've been mulling over quotes in my head,
      trying to come up with ten really good character defining quotes for
      each of the main characters, just for examples.

    • Rel Fexive
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 4, 2007
        --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Durfee" <neontapir@...> wrote:

        > Have you considered the BBC site:
        > http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/farscape/quotes/index.shtml

        Heh, I'd forgotten about that little gem of a quote generator! Cheers!

        I think one aspect that Crichton is getting will definitely be
        "(insert pop culture reference here)" - invoke to confuse and
        befuddle, compel to... confuse and befuddle!
      • Rel Fexive
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 5, 2007
          --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Rel Fexive" <rel_fexive@...> wrote:

          > --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Durfee" <neontapir@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Have you considered the BBC site:
          > > http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/farscape/quotes/index.shtml
          >
          > Heh, I'd forgotten about that little gem of a quote generator! Cheers!
          >
          > I think one aspect that Crichton is getting will definitely be
          > "(insert pop culture reference here)" - invoke to confuse and
          > befuddle, compel to... confuse and befuddle!

          I've posted one aspect suggestion for each of Moya's crew on the
          RPG.net thread for FATEscape
          (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?p=7392679#post7392679) but I'll
          put them here too:

          Aeryn has "It is my duty, my breeding? Since birth, it's what I am."

          D'Argo has "I will not be taken prisoner again." (Lots of compels on
          that one!)

          Rygel has "If you must address me, do so as your 'Supreme Eminence'...
          which you should be doing anyway."

          Zhaan has "Soft, yes. Weak? No."

          Chiana has "What you need on this jaunt is a talented burglar and
          distraction-causer."