Re: [FateRPG] Running Dictionary of Mu with SotC

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3 7:54 PM
      chad barber wrote:
      > After reading Fred’s accounts of the Dictionary of Mu
      > on rpg.net and story-games I am very interested
      > running the setting. I also noticed on the Fate Wiki
      > that there is Fate build for that setting. I am about
      > to buy the Dictionary of Mu in order to run it with
      > the Fate rules adaptation found on the Evil Hat Wiki.
      > My group is wild about SotC so it would be ideal if I
      > could run it with Fate. However, as it is Sorcerer
      > supplement, would you recommend that I buy Sorcerer in
      > order to successfully run the setting with Fate? The
      > Mu Fate doc seems to use a lot of terms and ideas form
      > sorcerer, so I am curious that it is integral to make
      > sense of the setting?

      Totally unnecessary. The Fate doc gives you 95% of what you need. That
      said, I think Sorcerer is a nice game to have on your game shelf -- it's
      one of the indie granddaddy games, and while it can feel its age a
      little here and there, it's a solid engine with some great concepts in it.

      So I'm going to say here that you don't HAVE to buy it, but it's still a
      game I'd recommend buying -- on its own merits.

      Fred
    • chad barber
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4 1:22 AM
        Hi Fred,

        Thanks that settles it for me. Cant wait to run the
        setting with Fate. I might well pick up Sorceror too
        at some point, if only as reference, but for now I
        think Mu+Fate is just the ticket.

        Cheers,

        TV dinner still cooling?
        http://tv.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4 6:29 AM
          chad barber wrote:
          > Thanks that settles it for me. Cant wait to run the
          > setting with Fate. I might well pick up Sorceror too
          > at some point, if only as reference, but for now I
          > think Mu+Fate is just the ticket.

          I'm always happy to make another sale for Judd. That is one damn fine book.