Re: [FateRPG] Alt Methods (Was: Re: Only Minuses)

  • Thijs Krijger
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 29, 2003
      On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Iago wrote:

      > So the unspoken question is, what do folks think of
      > the alternate dicing methods, at least insofar as I
      > outlined them?

      I like the D6 method, (not D12 since I dont have enough) and it looks like
      Star Wars D6 (West End Games) which method my players really like.
      I'm trying to think how you can add aspect invocations to D6 Legend
      though.

      > To what extent do people consider Fudge an intrinsic
      > component of Fate? (To get an idea of what I'm getting at,
      > consider what the game would look like if we called Fudge
      > Points, Fate Points -- as we plan to -- and didn't use
      > dF's as our default dicing method)

      I consider Fate a 'plug-in'. But then again FUDGE is basically nothing but
      a lot of 'plug-ins' presented that you can combine into your own system.
      Though I am not really a fan of the 4dF roll (if someone hadnt noticed I
      prefer D6), I really like Fate and would like to 'plug-i-in' into whatever
      system I use.
      There are several 'free' modular universal RPGs outthere (noticably FUDGE,
      Fuzion, Action!). I would at least write versions that would fit those
      rules.

      Greetings from Thijs

      Krijger@... or http://www.astro.uu.nl/~krijger
      A face without a smile is like a sky without stars