Re: [FateRPG] Sample Aspects

  • Iago
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19 5:44 PM
      On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, Rob wrote:

      > 1) Is that enough examples? Is it too many?

      I'd do more, because I tend to think what some players
      will want is a list that's "complete" the way our skill
      list is "complete". The question is, can someone build a
      character wholly based on only selecting aspects from the
      section?

      > 2) What type of aspects aren't well represented?

      I think you've got the 'types' just fine, I just think the
      fault is that some types only have one example.

      > 3) Would a "More Aspects" section following this, that's
      > just a list and perhaps a single line of descrioption
      > (like the skills) be useful?

      This is probably what I'm driving at, so yes. As in, "here
      are 20 attribute-like aspects", "here are 20 gift-like
      aspects", "here are 20 flaw-like aspects", "here are 20
      background-focused aspects", etc.

      > 4) Is the format helpful, or is each writeup too big (or
      > too small?)

      I think the format's right.

      > 5) Do the aspects listed work?

      Yes.

      --
      Fred Hicks <iago AT iago DOT net>
      "Curse you iago and your fast fingers!" - Rob Donoghue
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20 10:22 AM
        On Saturday, April 19, 2003, at 05:38 PM, Rob wrote:

        > 1) Is that enough examples? Is it too many?

        You can never have too many examples. I enjoy reading them for
        inspiration.

        > 2) What type of aspects aren't well represented?

        Seem pretty balanced to me; a few of each kind are there (as I see it)

        > 3) Would a "More Aspects" section following this, that's just a list
        > and perhaps a single line of descrioption (like the skills) be useful?

        It is helpful. Thanks for including it.

        > 4) Is the format helpful, or is each writeup too big (or too small?)

        The format is helpful. It might be helpful to actually include *how*
        the GM might invoke the aspect; an actual 'in play' example: FREX --

        Strong: Break stuff!

        Player: I carefully pick up the wyvern egg.

        GM: You're too strong to do that delicately, and you crack it (slides
        one FP token toward player)

        Player: I'm sure that I can do it, I've handled delicate things before
        and not crushed them. (player refuses GM's token and instead gives one
        of his own to the GM)

        > 5) Do the aspects listed work?

        Yes.

        Thanks,