Re: [FateRPG] Don't Rest Your Head - Now on Sale

  • Darren Hill
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006
      On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 18:23:08 +0200, Fred Hicks <iago@...> wrote:

      > This will be one of the last posts I make about DRYH --
      > but, I wanted y'all to know, the game's remaining on sale
      > ($9.95 for print, $4.95 for PDF) for another week or so at
      > most, and then the price is going up by $3-5. If it
      > sounds interesting to you, but you've been holding off,
      > now's the time if you want to save those dollars.

      I'd been meaning to mention that that price seemed a little cheap for what
      you get. Eevn at the increased price, it's still a bargain.

      Darren
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006
        This will be one of the last posts I make about DRYH --
        but, I wanted y'all to know, the game's remaining on sale
        ($9.95 for print, $4.95 for PDF) for another week or so at
        most, and then the price is going up by $3-5. If it
        sounds interesting to you, but you've been holding off,
        now's the time if you want to save those dollars.

        Thanks!

        --
        Fred Hicks * "Curse you iago and your fast fingers!" - Rob Donoghue
        Co-Author of Fate - Author of Pace - Jim-Butcher.Com Webmaster - Weirdo
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006
          Mine just arrived today, and i have to say that I'm surprised by the
          overall quality of the book. It's the first time I'd used Lulu and
          I'm looking forward even more to Spirit of the Century! Plus, at
          this price it's almost a steal!

          --
          Kurt Rauscher -:- krauscher@...
          "Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil, but write it all down!"
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006

            On Jul 3, 2006, at 9:23 AM, Fred Hicks wrote:

            This will be one of the last posts I make about DRYH --
            but, I wanted y'all to know, the game's remaining on sale
            ($9.95 for print, $4.95 for PDF) for another week or so at
            most, and then the price is going up by $3-5.

            Ordered mine today; looking forward to receiving it!

            Thanks,

            _______________________

            Jim Pacek

            wilmanric@...

          • Oliver Graf
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006
              Hi Fred!

              On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 12:23:08PM -0400, Fred Hicks wrote:
              > This will be one of the last posts I make about DRYH --
              > but, I wanted y'all to know, the game's remaining on sale
              > ($9.95 for print, $4.95 for PDF) for another week or so at
              > most, and then the price is going up by $3-5. If it
              > sounds interesting to you, but you've been holding off,
              > now's the time if you want to save those dollars.

              Already bought one and recommended to my friends.

              Should I warn them that it is a Black Toner Killer? Nooooo :)

              Looking forward to Dresden Files! Will they be also available in
              electronic form? Shipping to germany is a showstopper...

              Regards,
              Oliver.
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006
                On Tue, 04 Jul 2006, Oliver Graf wrote:

                > Should I warn them that it is a Black Toner Killer? Nooooo
                > :)

                Well, the "printer friendly" version in the PDF package is
                meant to minimize that a bit. :)

                > Looking forward to Dresden Files! Will they be also
                > available in electronic form? Shipping to germany is a
                > showstopper...

                *Should* be available electronically, but not necessarily
                right out of the gate.

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006
                  On Mon, 03 Jul 2006, Kurt Rauscher wrote:

                  > Mine just arrived today, and i have to say that I'm
                  > surprised by the overall quality of the book. It's the
                  > first time I'd used Lulu and I'm looking forward even more
                  > to Spirit of the Century! Plus, at this price it's almost
                  > a steal!

                  If you or anyone who's bought the thing feel moved to
                  write an RPG.Net review of the thing, I sure wouldn't
                  object. :>

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006
                    Hi!

                    On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 11:38:09AM -0400, Fred Hicks wrote:
                    > On Tue, 04 Jul 2006, Oliver Graf wrote:
                    >
                    > > Should I warn them that it is a Black Toner Killer? Nooooo
                    > > :)
                    >
                    > Well, the "printer friendly" version in the PDF package is
                    > meant to minimize that a bit. :)

                    Yeah... But with all the black it looks much better. I really like
                    the design. And I guess one or two of my regulars will like the
                    setting, too. So perhaps we'll give it a try this month.

                    > > Looking forward to Dresden Files! Will they be also
                    > > available in electronic form? Shipping to germany is a
                    > > showstopper...
                    >
                    > *Should* be available electronically, but not necessarily
                    > right out of the gate.

                    Did you check drivethrurpg.com? They put watermarks on the pdf
                    which is a quite good copystopper in my eyes, if that is a reason for
                    a late digital release.

                    For DRYH the delivery would have been a 100% extra, so that was a
                    no-go for me. I guess Dresden will be a bit higher priced, so the
                    ratio won't be that high (and perhaps I have one or another friend on
                    some con in the states, so the delivery vanishes all together :) )

                    Oh, and what about Spirit? Instant PDF release like DRYH or not?

                    Regards,
                    Oliver.
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006
                      On Wed, 05 Jul 2006, Oliver Graf wrote:

                      > Oh, and what about Spirit? Instant PDF release like DRYH or not?

                      We're not sure yet -- still exploring those options.