Re: Aspects! ... oh yeah and skills

  • dukereg11
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 28, 2006
      > >I think it comes down to how flexible you want aspects to be. In a
      > >game like Risus or Pace I think this would be great, because of the
      > >very limited number of aspects you have.
      >
      > I think 6 Aspects is plenty limiting. Actually I use 12 or so
      (though still
      > with levels), and I still find it plenty limiting.

      Well the way I think of it is that Risus/Pace have 2 maybe 3 Aspects,
      with many ranks in them. I would start my characters at 6 aspect ranks
      in normal FATE, plus free aspects and fairly regular skill and aspect
      advancement.
      But if aspects were all there was, I would have signifcantly more. 2
      or 3 times as many ranks at least, and theyd be spread out in the way
      the skill pyramid is. Compare 2 powerful, flexible aspects in
      Risus/Pace to
      about 6 aspects with a maximum rank of 3 in my idea of a skill-less
      FATE. That was what I meant; its less appropriate for a larger number
      of less significant aspects to be as powerful and flexible as ones in
      Risus/Pace.