Re: [FateRPG] Toughness of creatures.

  • Ben
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7, 2003
      > Toughness (Good) [] []
      >
      > Optional special rule: When taking a wound that is Hurt
      > or less, the siren may opt to check off a box of
      > Toughness instead (this preserves the lethality and
      > impressiveness of Injured+ results).
      >
      > --
      > Fred Hicks <iago AT iago DOT net>

      Sorry Fred, I was just looking through the FATE rules again and found the
      section on Toughness under the Combat Options chapter. Duh! I think that I
      found the FATE rules so intuitive that I sometimes forget that the PDF does
      actually contain any, and I forget to look! :)

      Ben
    • Iago
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 11, 2003
        It's a ton of text again... I must be back from vacation. :)

        On Thu, 06 Mar 2003, James Pacek wrote:

        > Will you be taking submissions?
        >
        > If so, will you give us the requirements and let us know
        > what kinds of things you are looking for?

        On general principle regarding submissions (to a bestiary
        or other things), I'd love to take submissions, with the
        proviso that if Fate ever goes "real world" and has a
        print edition of the core rules or any supplemental
        products, the most we can offer in compensation, at least
        at this early stage, is a free copy of whatever it is that
        the submission ends up in. I also can't guarantee that
        every submission will go into a final product.

        This is of particular relevance with regards to bestiary
        or other such things projects, as we have been
        contemplating the possibility of producing some of the
        supplemental stuff as for-pay items at something like
        RPGNow or what-have-you. I'll make it plain and up front:
        part of the goal here is to fund the possiblity of taking
        the whole "Evil Hat Productions" concept into a more
        commercial standing in general (in both Fudge and
        non-Fudge contexts).

        All these ideas, however, are really quite in their
        infancy, however, so don't take any of this as anything
        more than an extremely "forward looking statement". :)

        That said.

        For a bestiary, I'd want to see creatures that are either
        sufficiently "common" that they aren't, say, claimable as
        a D&D specific property, or are original and unduplicated
        in other games out there (e.g., Exalted, D&D, Warhammer,
        et al).

        We're also looking for a wide range of setting
        applicability -- aliens and modern horror as well as
        fantasy creatures, to grossly simplify the idea.

        We also don't want to take things *too* far off the beaten
        path in terms of the invention of new rules for various
        and sundry.

        For this reason, it might be worthwhile to compile your
        own notes towards such a submission, and hold off until
        the next rev of Fate comes out, which may (I am not
        certain) present some additional standardizations that
        would apply to such a project.

        Of course, no "splatbook" supplementary product really
        works without a few new rules ideas (for implementing
        creatures, in particular, in a bestiary set-up) creeping
        in here and there, so this may be one of those things
        where people interested in making submissions will
        ultimately get a "developer's kit" with the building
        blocks we're planning on using...

        Once again, this suffers a bit from being a very young
        idea, and one that isn't going to get a huge amount of
        directed attention until after the next rev goes out
        (timeframe still pending).

        --
        Fred Hicks <iago AT iago DOT net>
        "Curse you iago and your fast fingers!" - Rob Donoghue